Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Migraine Awareness Month, 2015

June is Migraine Awareness Month, and I am participating by blogging each day, 
using a prompt provided by Migraine and Headache Awareness Month. 
I am 9 days behind, so here I go.

The first prompt is to name my favorite "hope" quote.  

This is not so much a quote, but a poem that has given me inspiration since I was working on my dissertation at Michigan State. It illustrates the benefits of perseverance and always gives me hope. 

Two frogs fell into a deep cream bowl,
One was an optimistic soul;
But the other took the gloomy view,
“We shall drown,” he cried, without more ado.
So with a last despairing cry,
He flung up his legs and said, “Good-bye.”
But the other frog with a merry grin,
said “I can’t get out, but I won’t give in.
I’ll just swim around till my strength is spent,
For having tried, I'll die content.”
Bravely he swam until it would seem
His struggles began to churn the cream. 
On the top of the butter at last he stopped,
And out of the bowl he happily hopped.
What is the moral? ‘Tis easily found:
If you can’t hop out, keep swimming around.


—Walter Knight, Knight’s Master Book of New Illustrations


No comments:

Post a Comment