Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Migraine and Headache Awareness Month 2015. Day 2: Who Helped you?

Today, the migraine blogging challenge is to name someone who helped me. 

The one person that comes most to mind is my husband, Barry Dehlin.


When I was first diagnosed with chronic migraine, neither of us knew much about it.  He did some literature reviews to find more about it, including the algorithm used by neurologists for trying different preventive medications for migraine.  He pulled up the slack when I was at my most frail and vulnerable.  He never made me feel guilty about being in bed, being crabby, being unpredictable.  

Even now, he knows when I have a migraine before I even tell him, and always asks what he can do to help.  Then he quietly shuts the bedroom door so I can try to sleep.  

Thanks, darlin', for sticking with me through these difficult years. We have definitely addressed the "for better or for worse" part of our marital vows!

No comments:

Post a Comment