Search This Blog

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Migraine Awareness Month Post #17: Father Knows Best

Here is today's mission: 
"Some understand Migraines, some don't. Write a letter to your father or the man closest to you, and talk about your Migraines."  

Dear Sweetheart:
Happy  Father's Day!
I want to tell you how much I appreciate you and the love, kindness and compassion you've shown me throughout our battle chronic migraine.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/training-from-his-and-her-perspective/story-fn6b3v4f-1226075925082
I say OUR battle, because you are right along beside me in the front lines. You can usually tell when the prodrome of the migraine is coming on before I can, just by looking at me.  You blow off the rude comments when my prodrome symptom is irritability.  You don't complain that we planned for me to be working more than 30 hours a month to help support ourselves, or the financial drain that goes along with it. When we have to cancel plans or leave early,  you always let me know it's okay. When I am in the throes of the migraine, you always seem to know just what to do. I know that you are suffering right along with me.

When I am feeling low and knock myself down by saying things like, "I am sorry that I am not the woman you married," or "you didn't get what you'd bargained for," you always say something that makes me feel secure and less angry at myself.  You are my best friend, and the one person who truly "gets" me.  You've always got my back.  And if you're lucky, my front.

I love you more than words can say.

Your devoted wife, Jill

http://www.how-to-draw-and-paint-smart.com/how-to-draw-a-heart-with-banner.html



National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by the National Headache Foundation. The Blogger's Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment